1. Presentation Awards for Registrars and Fellows
Both oral and poster presentations will be taken into consideration for the Awards in the following three categories:
- Clinical & Radiation Oncology
- Medical Oncology
- Paediatric Oncology
The winner in each category will receive a sponsorship to an International European Congress arranged by, and in conjunction with the sponsor.
Each award includes the following:
- Congress registration
- Economy class air ticket
(All other costs to individuals account)
Click here to download details and guidelines regarding the Registrar / Fellow Awards.
2. The South African Society of Medical Oncology (SASMO) Young Investigator Award
SASMO is extremely pleased to announce the inaugural SASMO Young Investigator Award for any young medical oncologist – this will be awarded as a cash award which allows the investigator to use the award to their liking.
- Young Investigators need to be specialist physicians who are busy with their fellowship in medical oncology or alternatively be no more than 5 years after having completed their fellowship in medical oncology.
- The work needs to be of a high enough standard to receive the award and will preferably be original research in either basic sciences or clinical aspects of medical oncology or immunology.
- All accepted papers and posters (papers will be given preference) from eligible candidates will be considered by the executive committee for having the award made.
- All aspects of the research and presentation, collaboration and presentation will be taken into account for the award.
- Should there be no submissions which meet these criteria the judging panel will reserve the right not to make the award.
- No discussions or interactions with candidates will be entertained at any stage.